Common terms defined:
- Power Wash: A pressure washing method that uses high pressure to clean outdoor surfaces.
- Soft Wash: A pressure washing method that uses low low-pressure streams of specialized detergents to clean outdoor surfaces.
- Power Wash Gun: A tool used in power washing to apply a stream of water with high pressure.
- Soft Wash Gun: A tool used in soft washing to apply a stream of water with low pressure and specialized detergents.
- Power Wash Tips: Specialized nozzles that attach to a power wash gun in order to direct and control the high-pressure streams it produces.
- Soft Wash Tips: Nozzles that attach to soft wash guns in order to direct, widen, or otherwise alter their stream patterns.
- Sodium Hypochlorite: An effective sanitizer used in soft washing that helps kill germs, algae, mildew, and other contaminants.
- Surfactants: Specialized chemicals used in soft washing that help break down dirt and grime while preserving the integrity of the surface being cleaned.
- Soft Wash Pump: A specialized pump designed for use in soft washing that helps regulate water pressure and provide consistent results.
- Surface Cleaner: Specialized detergents used in both soft and power washing to help remove dirt, grime, mold, mildew, algae growth, and other contaminants from outdoor surfaces.
At Supreme Power Wash, we’re ready to give customers in Oceanside, Carlsbad, and all of the communities in between a thorough education on all things power washing. Give us a call at (619) 374-9016 or reach out to us online today!
What is it?
Soft washing involves use of a soft wash machine that generates no more than 60 psi (pounds per square inch). That way, no damage can be done to the surface of what is being cleaned. Soft wash is typically done on roofs and siding. In order to help eliminate pesky stains, algae, and mold, we often use a mild, non-toxic biodegradable chemical with our power wash system. We also use a water reclamation system including rubber berms and a “shop vac type“ machine to collect and/or direct waste water to an appropriate sanitary sewer disposal site.
Why do it?
Soft washing roofs and siding helps restore the original luster and look to these areas. In addition, removal of dirt and debris from roofs and siding, including moss, mold and salt helps prolong their longevity, leading to less frequent painting and/or replacement of these areas. In addition, like power washing, a clean roof and clean exterior siding increases the market value of your property.
Power washing is a method of cleaning surfaces using a high-pressure spray of hot water, steam, and detergent. This powerful cleaning process can reach deep into crevices and remove dirt, grime, and stains from almost any surface. Power washing can be used on a variety of materials including wood decks and siding, stone patios, concrete driveways and sidewalks, stucco walls, vinyl fencing, aluminum gutters, and much more.
What Is Power Washing Used to Clean?
Why Power Wash Your Property?
Power washing is a fast, efficient, and cost-effective way to keep your home or business looking its best. It can help remove built-up dirt and grime to restore the beauty of your property and increase its longevity. Pressure washing can also prevent mildew, mold, and algae growth on outdoor surfaces, as well as prevent rust and corrosion on metal surfaces. Additionally, power washing improves safety by removing slippery residue from sidewalks, driveways, and other walkways.
Soft washing is a pressure washing method that uses low-pressure water and specialized detergents to effectively clean surfaces. This technique is used to remove built-up dirt, grime, mold, mildew, algae growth, and other contaminants from outdoor surfaces. A key benefit of soft washing compared to traditional power washing methods is that it preserves the integrity of the surface being cleaned while still providing superior results.
What is Soft Washing Used to Clean?
- Exterior siding
- And more!
Why Soft Wash Your Property?
Soft washing is a safe and effective way to clean outdoor surfaces without damaging them or putting too much strain on them. It uses low-pressure water and specialized, eco-friendly detergents that are safe for people, plants, and animals. This method eliminates the need to manually scrub surfaces such as siding, decks, driveways, and sidewalks. In addition, soft washing can also prevent premature aging of outdoor surfaces caused by mold, mildew, algae, and other contaminants.
Do you have more questions about the power washing or soft washing process? Call Supreme Power Was in San Diego at (619) 374-9016 today to request more information and a free estimate!
“They did the job, exceeding my expectations.” - K.A.